|Greetings from Becker and Rosen CPAs!|
Welcome to Becker and Rosen’s additional monthly publication! Our goal for this publication is to keep you, our valued clients, informed about important topics. You will find the information that is written by our own accountants, in house, will be relevant to your personal tax situation. For our clients who are business owners, there will be content and reminders for you as well. Other highlights will include staff and firm updates that are happening with us internally. We hope you find the information helpful and welcome your feedback.
|October 1 Deadline Looming for Many Small Businesses to Notify Employees about Obamacare Marketplaces |
By Sophie Beckmann, CPA, CFP
The Affordable Care Act provisions include the opening of health insurance marketplaces on October 1, 2013. Many employers are not aware that they have a responsibility to notify their employees about these health insurance marketplaces before that date. The reason for this is that although offering health insurance coverage to employees under the Affordable Care Act only applies to employers with more than 50 full-time employees, the rules for notification about the marketplaces apply to employers with one or more employees and $500,000 in annual revenue. Although there are no penalties for businesses who fail to comply, there is no guarantee that there will not be adverse consequences. In addition, employees will need the information to make a decision about coverage under an exchange or employer-provided coverage.
For more information on these employer notification requirements, please call our office at 314-725-0324.
|What’s New With Us|
- Becker and Rosen CPAs, LLC has been awarded the Best In Quality, 2013 award from Small Business Monthly. The firm will be attending the Best In Business luncheon in October to receive the award. See our name on the award list here.
- We are proud to announce that we have 2 new team members on board
- Beth Schulte, CPA. Beth will be performing tax prep and reviews for clients.
- Robert Kutten, is our new intern. Robert is currently obtaining his Master of Accountancy degree at Truman State University. Robert is also actively involved in Beta Alpha Psi, The International Accounting Honor Society.
- Our offices have had a décor update. Stop in for a visit to see our gorgeous new paint colors and our chic new carpet.